McAllister & Quinn is proud to have the largest grant consultant network in the country.
Our grants consultant network primarily assists with the proposal development and grant writing process. Our network consists of more than 250 grants consultants who serve as writers, reviewers, editors, coaches, facilitators, project managers, and subject-matter experts. Our grant consultants and subject matter experts assist clients by writing proposals, coaching and mentoring faculty, or by coordinating and writing large institutional grants.
McAllister & Quinn Consultant Agency Experience
This chart represents percentage of network consultants who list experience with Federal Agency
- Our network is highly-educated with 80% of our consultants holding a Master’s degree or higher, and nearly half have a PhD or terminal degree (JD, MBA, MD).
Our consultants have diverse backgrounds in government, business, higher education, medicine and health, research, and nonprofits.
A majority of consultants have experience with the National Science Foundation (NSF), the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Department of Education. Many have more than 30 years of relevant professional experience in their chosen fields.
Our consultants include former program officers and program directors at federal agencies such as the National Science Foundation (NSF), Department of Energy (DoE), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Our consultants, who all work remotely, are located across 36 states, plus DC and Puerto Rico.
- Roughly 10% of our consultants are registered as women-owned or minority-owned businesses.
Our grants consultant network is well-versed in all aspects of the grants process. Some have held academic appointments such as Dean, Vice Presidents and/or Provosts at colleges and universities, while others have worked for federal agencies such as the National Science Foundation, Department of Transportation, Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of Health and Human Services.
Our network of grant writers and reviewers assists clients to pursue specific, high-value opportunities – especially as institutions seek to diversify their federal funding portfolios. This effort involves helping talented principal investigators (PIs) to adapt to new, unfamiliar methods or criteria that a federal agency may expect.
What Our Clients Say About Our Grants Consultant Network:
Our consultants have experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Providing broad and deep knowledge of federal agencies
- Coaching and training (in-person and virtual)
- Faculty development and capacity building
- Managing complex, multidisciplinary, multi-institution research centers and institutes
- Advising on scientific, engineering, and innovation research
- Assessment and evaluation
- Budget development
- Indirect cost rate consulting and negotiation
- Research development
- Project management
Some members of our consultant network include:
- Former Program Officer, NSF Division of Undergraduate Education
- Former Program Director, NSF Engineering Education & Centers Division, Directorate for Engineering
- Former Director of Foundation and Government Relations at a Children’s Museum
- Former Program Director, Department of Energy Lab
- Former Program Officer at NOAA Office for Coastal Management
- Former Grants Manager for the Susan G. Komen Foundation
- Former Senior Program Analyst, Office of the Secretary of Defense’s Basic Research Office
- Assistant Professor of Public Health at master’s university
- Vice Chancellor for Research & Economic Development, School of Medicine at research university
- Program Officer, NIH BRAIN Initiative, supporting mental health and neurotechnology grants
Join our Consultant Network
We are looking for additional grants consultants to serve in the McAllister & Quinn Grants Consultant Network. McAllister & Quinn consultants work remotely and are paid on a per-project basis. Our consultants work in many different roles based on their interests, background and capacity and over a plethora of topics throughout our practice areas including Higher Education, Nonprofits, Healthcare, and Advanced Technology.
Playing supporting roles on McAllister & Quinn projects ensures that your skills are kept sharp for federal and national foundation grant seeking.
For more information about joining our consultant network, please contact email@example.com.