McAllister & Quinn is launching a new Executive Search/Head Hunting service within its Higher Education Practice for its current Colleges and Universities. The Vice President will have at least 5 years’ experience as a headhunter and completed many successful executive searches for deans, vice presidents, provosts and presidents. This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in creating, developing and launching this new service within a firm and practice area that is growing. The company already represents over 45 college and university clients and is looking to expand its business into executive searches. The candidate should possess the following qualifications, expertise and experience.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the full executive search process and successfully completed searches for deans, vice president’s and presidents at various colleges and universities in the last five years
- Adheres to the quality standards of the executive search industry and will establish protocol, process and standards of excellence for the new service
- Ability to manage at least a full search load (8-10 searches per year)
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree is required; master’s prepared candidates are strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a head hunter/executive search experience
- Significant experience and skills in working with computer systems, databases, email, etc.
- Preference will be given to individuals that have been in senior leadership positions such as dean and above, on college and university campuses
- Strong assessment skills and communication skills (verbal, written, and listening)
Candidates should submit a detailed letter of application that addresses all the attributes the firm is seeking in a Vice President and send the letter and a copy of your latest resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 1, 2014. The position will remain open until filled, and those candidates with whom the firm is interested will be contacted.