Dr. White has 21 years of experience in higher education as both a professor and academic administrator. She served as Vice President for Academic Affairs at the College of Notre Dame, where she initiated a number of significant developments, including the integration of separate Schools of Pharmacy and Education, successful pre-candidacy status for School of Pharmacy from ACPE, and a revamp of the governance structure of the College. While Dean at Lehigh University, Dr. White led the expansion of graduate programs into the Middle East, Asia and Europe and created a unit-based decision making approach to leadership that was tied to strategic planning and outcomes assessment. She also created a corporate board that raised millions of dollars in endowment and annual giving, as well as oversaw the University’s entry into the US News and World Report’s Top 50 for five consecutive years. Dr. White formerly served as Dean of the Graduate School and Associate Vice President for Research at Towson University, where records were set for research expenditure and she developed a more research-oriented faculty culture. She was Tenured Professor at Illinois State University and began her career as Assistant Professor at the University of New Hampshire in 1988.
Affiliations and Awards
- Current Member of the University of New Mexico Alumni Committee for Awards and Recognition
- Former Member of the Johns Hopkins University Peabody Conservatory board.
- Former Executive Committee member for the Council of Academic Deans from Research Colleges of Education
- Chaired a national sports commission from 1996-2000 and has been a sport psychology consultant for the U.S. Olympic Committee.
- Won a distinguished early career professional award from AAHPERD in 1992 and was chosen to attend the Harvard MLE program in 2003.
Publications and Events
- Authored or co-authored over 100 presentations, book chapters and refereed journal articles in the area of achievement motivation theory.
- Given keynote addresses at national and international conferences in countries such as France, Belgium, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Portugal, Germany, Egypt, England, and Saudi Arabia and is quoted frequently in national media outlets, including The Associated Press, LeMonde, Health Magazine, Philadelphia Inquirer, WebMD and Ladies Home Journal.
- Secured millions of dollars in Federal and foundation grants for research and academic programs, and has been honored with teaching and national research awards.