David Grenham serves as Vice President of Business Development at McAllister & Quinn and works closely with members of the firm’s healthcare, higher education, nonprofit and advanced technology practice groups to develop innovative business development strategies and build partnering relationships with industry associations and other organizations.
David has worked in the government affairs and law firm arenas since 1998. Prior to joining McAllister & Quinn, David most recently served as director of client services and marketing at The Ferguson Group, a Washington government affairs consulting firm, where he worked with partners to improve services to clients and oversaw the firm’s public relations and communications efforts. He previously worked for AmLaw 100 law firms Arnold & Porter LLP and Covington & Burling LLP, where he managed those firms’ litigation and new technology practice groups, and he previously served as director of marketing at Global Risk Capital, a private equity firm focused on insurance industry investments. David got his start in Washington managing media relations and communications for the Healthcare Leadership Council, a coalition of chief executives from all disciplines within the health care system, where he was responsible for national and grassroots media outreach on key health policy issues, including Medicare reform, insurance reform, and women’s health.
Before moving to Washington in 1995, David was a newspaper editor and reporter in Valencia County, New Mexico, where he worked for a group of newspapers now owned by the Albuquerque Journal. David is a 1991 graduate of the Northeastern University School of Journalism in Boston, Massachusetts, where he earned a bachelor of science.
Affiliations and Awards
- Member, Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
- Member, Association of the United States Army (Civilian)
- Member, Legal Marketing Association (LMA) (Sponsorship Chair, Capital Chapter, 2008/2009)
- New Mexico Press Association awards for News Reporting
Publications and Events
- Author, “CDMRP – Important Funding for High-Risk, High-Reward Bio-Medical Research,” LinkedIn Pulse
- Moderator, “The 5 Keys to Meeting Stimulus Reporting Requirements,” Latest Guidance and Best Practices,” Webinar, eCivis
- Moderator, “Why is There an Actor at our Staff Meeting,” International City and County Manager’s Association – 96th Annual Conference, San Jose, CA
- Guest Blogger, “Bringing the Focus Back to Clients,” the moiré marketing blog